Choosing the best cat litter for your budget can sometimes seem a little tricky; is that more expensive brand really worth the extra cost? How can you decide which litter your kitty will prefer? Is clumping cat litter compatible with a self-cleaning litter box?
Let's explain what to look out for!
- Silica cat litter is a commonly used option, and controls odours and lasts longer than clay litters. They are a little pricier, though, and shouldn't be eaten by cheeky kitties, so clay is a better choice if your cat likes to nibble on their litter.
- Clumping cat litter is the ideal and a top-selling product. The litter clumps around messes, making it easy and fast to clean up and with minimal smells.
- Although not ideal for kitties with sensitivities, scented cat litter is another choice - unless you prefer a naturally scented product! These create a pleasant scent to keep your litter box fresh between cleans.
- Recycled cat litter is an eco-friendly option, with litters available made from raw materials such as corn, pine and wheat.
What Should I Check for in a Cat Litter Product?
Some of the most important things to prioritise on your cat litter brand are:
- Clumping performance (our Premium Clumping Cat Litter works in just three seconds!).
- Non-toxic, with natural clays that are eco-friendly and safe.
- Low dust - ideal for your cat's comfort and yours, especially if you have any allergies in the home!
- Non-stick, to avoid needing to prise litter from the bottom of the tray come cleaning day.
- High absorption, meaning the litter can cope with large pees or use by more than one cat, without needing immediate replacement.
- Odour locks are also essential to avoid nasty smells accumulating.
There are hundreds of high-performance cat litters on the market, so if you know what properties to prioritise, you can select the best products for your cat.
Check out the full cat litter range at AllPetSolutions for more options!