There are thousands of different dogs leads out there - so how do you know which one is best for your pet?
A dog lead rope is a great idea if you have a pup that pulls, needs recall training, or requires extra control when out and about on their daily walks.
In this guide, the AllPetSolutions team explains how to choose dogs rope leads and when they are the right option for your favourite canine.
What Is a Dog Lead Rope?
Dogs Rope Leads are the best lead for dogs you can buy - they have a considerable range of features:
- Durable materials are designed to withstand harsh conditions.
- Strong braided ropes to cope with force and pulling.
- Chew-proof construction, but a simple design that won't malfunction.
This type of dog lead rope doesn't work like a retractable lead but rather is a solid, continuous link with your dog, without any risk of the wire getting stuck or snapping.
Benefits of Using Rope Dogs Leads
Any lead for dogs is meant to be robust, but dog lead ropes are excellent choices when you're on a longer walk, with shock-absorbing properties to protect your wrists and shoulders.
Quality dogs leads are suited for any activity, including playing in the water, helping puppy owners with training and keeping your dog close to heel when necessary.
Which Lead For Dogs Should I Choose?
Dog lead rope products come in several designs.
- Polypropylene dogs rope leads repel water, so they're perfect for mucky pups that love to take a dip!
- Cotton dogs leads are softer and comfier for smaller or younger breeds. The thick woven cotton is also extra durable and suitable to manage pulling. Please have a look at our Cotton Rope Dog Lead for more details.
- Nylon dogs leads are another option, usually used for outdoor walks, and where you need a lightweight lead for dogs that won't become cumbersome on longer adventures.
A best-selling all-rounder is the 120 cm Rope Dog Lead - or visit our complete Dogs Leads range for more inspiration!