When buying large dog beds, there are multiple options to consider - if you visit the complete AllPetSolutions Dog Beds Range, you will see how many choices there are!
There are a few key things to consider when deciding on the right beds for large dogs:
- Do they prefer to stretch out, or curl up in a ball?
- Does your dog have any joint issues or health conditions?
- How long is your dog from nose to tail?
Undoubtedly, bigger breeds need large dog beds - there must be enough room for them to stretch out, curl up, roll on their back, or sleep like superman!
Some of the most popular extra large dog beds in our range include:
- Our Grayson Luxury Memory Foam XL Bed - big enough for even giant breeds that need that all-important extra joint support, the ultimate luxury dog bed!
- The Bella Soft Dog Bed comes in grey or soft pink and goes right up to XL with a plush fleece liner in reversible Oxford fabric.
Can Large Dog Beds Be Too Big?
They can be - but again, it's all about your pup's personality!
Smaller dogs need to be able to stretch out, but also to feel safe, snug and cocooned - so a huge dog bed that is much too large might make it harder for them to settle.
Likewise, dogs with joint issues, especially older pups, find it quite hard to climb over a dog bed lip, so a flat dog mattress is a much better option.
The Waterproof Orthopaedic Dog Bed is a great choice and offers an advanced memory foam mattress bed with a machine washable bed cover and structured sides.
Most dogs like a bed to be large enough to have loads of room to manoeuvre, without being so giant that it ends up drafty.
Remember that pups are pack animals and most love a snuggle, so if their bed is a little big, think about adding in a dog blanket or pillow to make it feel comfier!