Although not exclusively a pet holiday, Take a Walk in the Park Day has to be a fantastic opportunity to slip on those wellies and explore a new park with your furry friend!
The UK is jam-packed with astonishingly beautiful national parks, forests and shorelines that might be a stone's throw from your front door.
Being out in the fresh air, drinking in new scenery and adventuring with our beloved pups is an excellent way to be active and blow away the cobwebs.
To make the day truly special, why not think about treating your furry ones to new dog collars, or perhaps some smart harnesses for dogs to keep them safely by your side while you visit pastures new.
Here are some of our favourite dog friendly holiday spots:
- Cornwall - with no less than 51 dog-friendly beaches, and 81 with seasonal limitations, Cornwall is a very dog-friendly spot! You can roam around the cliffs and parks, head to the Eden Project or enjoy the sand between your claws.
- Snowdonia - if Mount Snowdon poses too much of a challenge, rest assured this national park is a beautiful spot to explore and enjoy unspoiled nature in all its glory.
- The Lake District - Cumbria is another top location for outdoor walks, with areas such as Keswick and Windermere offering forests and lakeside retreats to wander around at your leisure.
- Yorkshire Dales - for limitless walking routes, the Dales tick all the boxes. You can also find dog-friendly walks for those with smaller kids or limited mobility, so there is bound to be an option perfect for you.
- Anglesey - last up, the coastal trails of Anglesey offer over 125 miles of coastal walkways, through parks, beaches, cliffs and fishing villages. What better option for a day trip to celebrate the joy of a calm walk with your best furry friend!
It's worth remembering that many national parks or even local parks have wild animals or roaming livestock. Retractable leads for dogs are an excellent idea if you're not familiar with your walk, and mean you can roam free without any risks.
We'd also recommend a sturdy lead for dogs if you're anywhere coastal, as erosion can make the areas off of the beaten paths risky even for four-legged friends.
Enjoy Take a Walk in the Park Day, and make the most of the nature around you!